Monday 2 March 2020

#181 TRUST in the DIVINE MERCY – Priests Must Preach on the Divine Mercy – Pray for Priests to Become Inspired by the Holy Spirit – There is No Love Without Suffering and No Suffering Without Love



Ecstasy date March 28, 1931


Our Lord said to Marie-Julie Jahenny: "Oh My daughter, I am a God of trust and love. I am a Father of Mercy and of holy abandonment.



I have many priests, they never preach on My Love or My goodness or My Confidence, nor on My Mercy.



Preach Trust by My Will. 

Make known My goodness, I am not loved because they do not preach all that is beautiful in Heaven that would make them love Me.



Pray for the priests so that the Holy Spirit (becomes?) their breath that they may make Me loved.” (i.e. Note, an odd phrase that is difficult to translate. Obviously it means we must pray for priests that their preaching is inspired by the Holy Spirit and they teach about trusting in the Divine Mercy.)


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

From the Ecstasy on the Same Day:

The Divine Heart: “I have so much love, I do not know (anymore)

who to give it to. I give it to My little souls in suffering, those who want to do My Will.



There is no suffering without love, there is no love without suffering.

When we complained Jesus said:

If there had been no misery, there would be no Mercy, as I am good with a sweet smile that seems to say – you understand Me?”


Apparently the scribe who wrote down the ecstasy, or the webmasters of the 'Friend of Marie-Julie Association' that have made the following comments after this:

In Holy Communion Marie-Julie has sometimes has transports of love, but generally, of ice. It is Our Lord who made all these states (in the soul) of coldness, aridness or love. - There is no one but God worthy to receive a God, why torment yourself?”


(NOTE /Explanation: The commentator notes that Our Lord did not always allow Marie-Julie to feel great love or consolations when she received Holy Communion but also transports of dryness and even coldness – this sense of her imperfections was also a suffering she could offer up in love as Our Lord explained there is no love without suffering, and suffering without love.

This is a 'misery' we can offer up: that eventhough we may be in the state of grace we will feel a sense of our imperfections that we are not able to receive Our Lord as 'worthily' as we would like. No one is worthy to receive God but God Himself, and, that He despite this He wants us to receive Him in Communion, therefore, we should not let thoughts of our unworthiness torment us and keep us from going to Communion.

Our Lord says there is 'no misery without Mercy present', and we can also see that this is connected to the message of September 24, 1925, (Post #178, click here) in that Our Lord said His Mercy blows away our imperfections – He doesn't take away all our imperfections and the misery they make us feel as it adds to our merits – hence these miseries such as dryness in spirit and even a sense of coldness when receiving Communion which causes us pain when we would like to be better are a great Mercy as we are granted merits through them. We must persevere despite all the dryness in spirit and dark night of the soul and the miseries we feel.

::::::::::::::::