Tuesday 5 September 2017

#32 Detachment from the Earth - Death Sweet for the Just

Our Lord and Marie-Julie Jahenny, a Conversation

Ecstasy December 1, 1876


Our Lord: “Tell Me, what still attaches you to the earth.”

Marie-Julie: “My dear Jesus, nothing more attaches me now except my Father confessor through gratitude because he is my way by which I may go (or enter) my eternity. I have sacrificed  everything.”

“Do you have any other regrets in your heart to tell Me?”

“Yes, dear Jesus, that You are so offended.”

“I have forgiven you, if I had not forgiven you, what would you do?”

“I would pray.”

“And if prayer was not enough?”

“I would weep for my sins.”

“And if your tears were not enough?”

“I would suffer.”

“What if the suffering was not enough?”

“I would say: “Dear Jesus, take Your rod and strike me.”

“If after being struck, it was not enough?”

“I would present to You my miserable body all in tatters, all tattered, all bruised, and I would say; “here is all I have that I can offer You.”

Our Lord: “All of the above responses merit a generous reward. My Divine Heart is comforted! I will be generous with you. You will not need your tears to atone for your sins, they are forgiven. Everything is forgotten!

Our Lord continues: Is death frightening to you?”

Marie-Julie Jahenny “No, on the contrary, it is soft, it smiled at my heart.”

Our Lord: “Death is not frightening but (only) when you are in My presence and I utter the sentence that is terrible.”

('Sentence that is terrible' - Note: We may assume Our Lord means the terrible sentence reserved for the damned, “Depart from Me Ye accursed into the everlasting fire reserved for the devil and his angels.)

Marie-Julie: “Dear Jesus, I know You are infinitely merciful and I hope.”

“Do you accept two flowers wrapped in a small cloud and that you can not distinguish very
well?”

“Yes, my dear Spouse.” The first was bigger than the other. I accept both. Then He (Our Lord) lifts the cloud and I see that the first was white, blooming, which contained a small flower of each species of fruit tree.

Our Lord: “I will offer you, today an invitation to all the flowers of the earth to bloom on the day of your death. It will remind you of the promised day of your death: a Friday. Accept this flower, fix the eyes of your soul on it, until your death.”

Marie-Julie: “The other flower was the one who will accompany me into my eternity. It is white. There is a small cross with flowers and a small alliance (wedding band?) that holds the little
flowers of the cross.”

Our Lord: “It is the flower of your trial, the flower of your eternity. I give it to you pure, the reflection of My Love will follow it everywhere.”

Marie-Julie: “Why are You giving it to me to go into my eternity?”

Our Lord: “Because your good Mother (Our Lady) and your good Angel offer you this trial. This good Mother who brought you the Cross was the first to give you this flower as your portion. The
Cross that she gives you will accompany you to your judgement, everywhere the Cross! Your
good guardian Angel, who so often gave you flowers for your meditation, will be present at
this trial, and finally, this flower represents the state of your heart. Meanwhile, give Me these
two flowers, that I (may) hide them in My Heart.”

***

(Note: Our Lord had reminded her that she would die 'soon' this time predicted the day of her death, yet as Our Lord said Himself the Cross would follow her, 'everywhere the Cross!', she was willing to stay on earth and suffer out of love for Him and the salvation of sinners. Also, we must remember time does not exist in Eternity: 'soon' in Heaven is a blink of an eye, while on earth it seems such a long time to us.)

***

Go to: