Thursday 30 November 2017

#96 Our Lady Visits Her Children of the Cross – A Message of Consolation – A Revelation about Holy Desires



Ecstasy date November 28, 1878.


Our Lady: “It is I, my children who comes to say a word before entering the Holy Novitiate (i.e. of the Cross).

My children, here is my heart filled with tenderness, love and charity. Enter this second Furnace. You will find and you will draw from there ineffable tenderness and happiness. I incline to you, my children, to send you all my maternal kindness.

My children, I have to say happily: "Here are the pure and fresh flowers in my Immaculate Heart. I come to offer them to you, to prepare a tender cradle for my Son in the depths of your souls and in your hearts."

My children, here the lilies, with a dew of love flowing in all the beautiful qualities you possess. Be formed with the lily of purity, the birthplace of my Divine Son.

My children, here are some red carnations, place next to the lilies these flowers that bear the emblem of Calvary, the emblem of the Blood pure and divine that ran from the Sacred Members of my Divine Son.

My children, here are other beautiful white flowers that bear five leaves. Place them in your souls, around the crown of carnations. Then you place all of them together around the divine cradle, the other small flowers that will make you happy.

My children, I send you my most tender smile as a blessing that is spreading about you. I make you rest on my heart. I will cover you with my tender kisses. I shelter you under my virginal mantle.



My children, I lovingly watch over you all. I am in your daily tasks. I accompany you in your efforts. I am over all your troubles, I help you carry your cross. I accompany you at the foot of the Altar of Sacrifice. I collect your tears on the hem of my coat and I present them to my dear Son, as tears of merit, desire and appeal …



My children, when you cry, there in your tears, a pleading voice, that asks grace from my Divine Son. These tears water like a fertile dew the field of my Son ...”


Marie-Julie: “Why Good Mother, do you give us so sensitive a heart?”


Our Lady “My children, love is sensitive like a star that rises from the earth and rises to the sky. This love goes to the foot of the throne of my Divine Son. It pleads in secret, it asks Him in secret and pleads with all its might.”

Marie-Julie: “Good Mother, which is most meritorious, a (holy) desire satisfied or an unsatisfied desire?” (i.e. apparently, she is asking about the desire to do holy works or spiritual desires.)

Our Lady: “My blessed children, the desire satisfied has a measured merit, the unsatisfied desire has its merit without measure.”

::::::::::

Observations: Notice the prophet Daniel of the Old Testament was called a 'man of desires'. St. Therese of the Little Flower had a burning desire to travel through the world as a missionary for the salvation of souls, but while on earth she could not accomplish it in a cloistered convent except by prayer.  We often read in the lives of the saints that they desired to do great and holy things for God, and often weren't able due to circumstances or their own inabilities, however, God was pleased with their zealous holy desires and often rewarded them for having them, no doubt because it is a sort of spiritual suffering and sacrifice not being able to do all that one wishes they could for God. This interior suffering would explain why Our Lady says a desire unfulfilled has merit without measure.

:::::::::::

Go to: