Saturday 21 August 2021

#120 B - Marie-Julie Jahenny's Prayer at her First Communion

 


 

  

Marie-Julie Jahenny's Prayer at her First Communion


Note: This is not in the book "We Are Warned: The Prophecies of Marie-Julie Jahenny" as  I've discovered this text on the "Marie-Julie Jahenny Association" website, hence the update number "120 B"


September 24, 1880


During the ecstasy for this day, Our Lord asked Marie-Julie to repeat aloud the prayer she offered Him on the day of her First Communion.


"Offer Me the pious prayer that you said to Me on the day of your First Communion."


She was hesitant at first, apparently it seems she had trouble remembering every detail as she exclaimed, “Oh! Where is that day?”  No doubt she felt remorse she could not remember everything about such an important event.

 Then, it came to her, obviously her memory was miraculously aided.

She recalled the place she sat in the church at Blain, she was on the last step near the altar and facing the door of the tabernacle: it was there she received her God for the first time. Returning to her seat, where she sat among her companions without knowing what she was saying, without understanding it, she made her consecration to God. (I.e. an indication her consecration prayer was divinely inspired and not fully coming from herself if she did not 'understand'.)


“Today the day of my First Communion, the day of Heaven spent on earth, I consecrate myself to Jesus my Spouse, Whom I possess and Whom I hold in my soul. I would never have believed that it would be so sweet to taste for the first time so much love and happiness in the bread of the Holy Eucharist.  My beloved Jesus, today You espouse my soul!  I promise You at the foot of the Holy Tabernacle, to You Who rest in my heart, to consecrate my youth to You, to consecrate my years to You until my death.  I only want one Bridegroom, I choose Him in the presence of the Angels who adore Him descending into my heart.  It is under their gaze that I promise to be faithful to my Beloved.”



Marie-Julie then explains: “I told Him that I was consecrating my First Communion until the last, and I asked Him to inscribe my name at the foot of the Holy Tabernacle, because I wanted, night and day to adore Him with the Angels, the Cherubim and the Seraphim. I promised Him that if I could not receive Him as often as I would have liked, I told Him that wherever I was, I would seek to see the steeple of the church and, looking towards Him, bow down on earth, where I will be able to see Him and I will renew my consecration. I promised to live only for Him and after my second Communion, I will go once a month to to receive Him.

A voice seemed to say to me: 'That is from 'time to time'!

 

 (NOTE: the French expression 'loin en loin' is not so easy to translate, it means 'occasionally', or 'time to time', or a period of time with a long interval between, so Our Lord was saying  to her that was too long an interval!  It is not explained why she couldn't or wouldn't go to Communion more often right then, or why she said she would only go each month. 

 It's quite possible she felt unworthy to receive Him and out of misguided humility at the time she made her First Communion she would only receive him once a month after that, even when attending Mass each week, which Our Lord was trying to correct, etc.  

The Curé of Ars for instance had to try and correct the over-scrupulous, misguided humility of some of parishioners who had fallen prey to the bad effects of the Jansenist heresy that ravaged France, which proposed mankind was so utterly unworthy to receive Communion that it was best to go as little as possible lest you commit a sacrilege! So, many people continued to attend  Mass, but skipped receiving the Blessed Sacrament with the exception of their Easter duty due to crippling fear.  After many years the Curé of Ars finally convinced one of his parishioners to go to Communion at least every two weeks, but he must have felt disappointed as this was still not a complete victory.  Obviously this heresy had caused a lot of damage in the country.

 

We see Heaven is trying to dispel the effects of the Jansenist heresy here in the text.  Once a month was too long an interval to wait!  And we see as this text continues below, Marie-Julie was overjoyed to hear this....it was okay to go to Communion more often!  We see she went fifteen days straight, so God was trying to correct the errors that had spread in France.  

Of interest, in another text Heaven also tells her that yes, while it is true only God is worthy to receive God,  He has given us the Blessed Sacrament for our soul's sake and to not be afraid but come and receive Him as He taught!  He also tried to tell people in her ecstasies that our faults and imperfections are mercifully forgiven, even venial sin should not keep us from Communion.   People used to let every little venial sin and fault keep them from going to receive Him, and this was the error.  It is mortal sin we have to watch, we must be in a state of grace and not be in a state of mortal sin before we receive Him.   If you are in mortal sin, go to Confession first before you receive Communion, please don't put that off.  Get in the state of grace as soon as possible!)

 

Marie-Julie continues: I saw myself in great joy! (i.e she could go more often to Communion!) Without my asking, Heaven admitted me more often, and I went a full fifteen days to consecrate myself.   I consecrated to Him all the hearts that I would know and that would have need, and I also hope that all are included in my consecration to the Lord. I have tasted so much happiness, I cannot separate myself from Him, I consecrate my soul to You, my sorrows, my joys and my sufferings; I dedicate all the moments of my life to You, I would like to die a martyr or at the foot of the Tabernacle!"


I finished my thanksgiving (after her First Communion, saying): “O my Treasure, O my Love, I wish my heart would be a red chalice where You could descend and rest while I work, pray, cry and suffer! I wish that at all these times, this was a perpetual communion of love!"


I then made a consecration to my Mother. (i.e to Our Lady) I then kissed the Cross I was carrying and cried out; "He's mine, I'll never leave Him!"


My Beloved says to me: (Our Lord) “You give Me so many delights that I weep."

"I saw you well, so I weep with you." (i.e. for love and joy, apparently in remembrance of that day.)


Marie-Julie Jahenny: "My Beloved offers me to rest on His breast, I prefer to rest there at Calvary."


(Observation: she seems to say at this point Our Lord was offering her the consolation of resting on His very breast and Sacred Heart in remembrance of the love and joy of the happy occasion of her consecration at her First Communion, in this way similar to the grace given St. John who rested his head on the breast of Our Lord, but she prefers resting with Him in His sufferings on Calvary, so united is she with the love of the Cross!)

 :::::::::::::::::

 

Next Post: #121   St. Michael and Our Lady Visit – St. Michael's Conversation on the Coming Persecution, Judgement after Death, and Details about Heaven


Previous Post: #120  The Persecution – More about the “Burning Plague” -  Revelation of the TWO DAYS OF DARKNESS


TABLE OF CONTENTS: The Prophecies of Marie-Julie Jahenny.