Thursday 11 August 2022

#149 B – A Witness Account of Marie-Julie Suffering the Passion – A Miraculous Communion – Predictions of the Torments She would Suffer next in Reparation for Sacrilegious Communions

 


 

 

The following account of Marie-Julie suffering the Passion of Christ was recorded by Abbé Barillé, who was the vicar of Saint-Sulpice de Fougères. (Source for this text: Marie-Julie Jahenny: Une Vie Mystique” by Henri-Pierre Bourcier, pp. 30-48.)


Abbé Barille was hoping to convince the then current Curé of Blain, Abbé Bachelier, that Marie-Julie was indeed a true mystic, but she suffered from the local clergy who believed she was a fake. She was unjustly denied the sacraments for a long time until Pope Leo XIII demanded she be given them. In the meantime, she continued to receive Miraculous Communions in addition to her prophetic visions.


This particular witness account is important as Abbé Barillé was specifically allowed to see the Miraculous Communion she received were not fake caused by sleight of hand as can happen with demonic cases – demons have been known how to teach fakes mystics to do such things. He can also cause seemingly fake miraculous 'communions' too.

(There are two cases – one in the 16th Century,  Sr. Mary Magdalen of the Cross(1487-1560)  who made a pact with the devil, and one in our modern times, Julia Kim of Korea.   Click on their names for details.)

This witness account is also striking in that as usual, Our Lord gave Marie-Julie prophetic descriptions when she would suffer the next round of torments of expiation that those around her would be able to see. Such prophetic descriptions of her coming martyrdoms always came to pass on the days predicted showing she was not a fake.


Abbé Barillé describes certain scenes or makes comments, which will be indicated – my own notes will by marked out with (NOTES or OBSERVATIONS).


:::::::::::::


(September 24, 1882) – Account by Abbé Barillé:


This Friday, at one o'clock in the afternoon, five priests, including Canon Mauclerc, parish priest of Savenay, Father Martial, a Capucin, the Abbé Goupil of Jouré-les-Tours, and the Abbé Coquet, all at number of fourteen people – men and women – entered the room of the privileged child of La Fraudais. Upon entering, one could see her, seated at the foot of her bed, on a chair, her hands on her chest, a cross in her right hand, her eyes closed, and already under divine power. The blessing was given to her by Father Martial, Capuchin, in deference to Monsieur the parish priest of Savenay.

Immediately, she uttered in a low voice the blessed words: “Et Verbum caro factum est!” Then an invocation to the Holy Spirit.


Marie-Julie: “I adore You, My Jesus! Treasure of the Cross, Increase the pains and the sufferings, provided my love is more ardent!”


After these words, Marie-Julie fell face down on the floor and distinctly pronounced the announced honourable amends. (NOTE: act of amendment as a victim soul for sins ?) Among her admirable words, I am permitted to retain this vow:


(Marie-Julie): 'Adorable Jesus, if we had been the spearhead, we wouldn't have gone out! But if the iron came out, it was only to open our hearts! Now I will take up my Cross and walk the road to Jerusalem!'


(NOTE: sometimes her words do not translate directly and the context has to be looked at. This seems to be a desire of Marie-Julie that she and all of Christ's followers could have been the spearhead that opened Christ's Heart, for she never would have left His Heart once she was within It, but since the spearhead could not stay, it was for the greater grace that all hearts could be opened with and for love like Christ's was.)



Everyone can see Marie-Julie getting up, making unspeakable efforts to put her crucifix on her shoulder.


(NOTE: when making the Way of the Cross, she would put her crucifix on her shoulder, no doubt in imitation of Our Lord carrying His Cross.)


While on her knees, she pronounces the following invocation, to draw strength from it. 'O Crux Ave!' And she sets off. She walks on her knees twenty-three times the length of her cell; she falls horribly. We hear her heart beating with haste and violence. She heaves a deep sigh, then is silent, then again three sighs, and she begins to speak with extraordinary vigour:



(Marie-Julie): “My Divine Jesus, I adore You and I love You! I unite myself with all those who adore and love You... It was for love that You espoused the heavy Cross that overwhelms You. The hours which separated You from taking it as your spouse were painful to You. But, when the time came, You espoused it with tenderness and love. Was not the Cross clothed with all charms, more brilliant than all the stars? On espousing it You cried out with keen love:


'O Cross! Jewel of My Father, crown of saints and their school in Divine favours, ciborium of love! ... Oh! Your flame and your ardour urge towards love!'


Ah! Lord, Your Holy Cross in its ardour has charms... Heaven of delights! The love of the Cross cannot satisfy the immensity of the desires of my heart. I, who am most miserable, see this love as a fiery arrow that strikes me in the heart. Oh! Jesus, draw back that arrow!' (The voice of Marie-Julie dies down,) O desired Spouse, You are the Bread of angels, Manna of love which is beginning to appear! O my heart, do you not see the Beloved approaching? Come, my soul can't take it any more! Come, Heaven of graces, Spouse of the angels! Come, Wheat of the elect!”


Marie-Julie is silent, sighs several times, kisses the relic of the True Cross. O Crux Ave! Suddenly, she lets these words escape from her lips: “Overwhelmed! ... Overwhelmed!” There is an expression of fatigue and searing pain on her face. She 'walks' on her knees again. She then makes a final turn. Turning towards the window, in the middle of the cell, she experiences a revival. She adheres her mouth to the crucifix (in a kiss), she places her hands on her chest, the left hand supporting the right hand by the wrist. We are all eyes and all ears.

(Jesus arrives.)

Jesus: “Here is the Divine Tabernacle! My Adorable Heart is open. Take your Nourishment! Come and be satisfied at the Eternal Source of all graces!”


Marie-Julie: “O my beloved Jesus! After this invitation, I cannot refuse. But to go there, angels of heaven, lend me your vestments, so that I can go up to the tabernacle!”


(NOTE: Apparently, Marie-Julie begs the angels to cover her with their graces and merits so she may be more worthy.)


Jesus: “Here is My chalice of love!”


Marie-Julie: “I see It with the eyes of the soul, without worrying, without fear, without apprehension! O my dear Jesus, my only Treasure!”


Jesus: “I have wounded your heart by (keeping it) waiting too long. Come to Mine and seek a remedy there!”


Marie-Julie: “No, no, Jesus! I want to carry this wound without it healing. It will be in repentance for my imperfection.”


Jesus: “I want to meld your heart in mine!”


Marie-Julie: “O Jesus, remove mine from its place! Put a fibre of Yours in it! Thus, it will be more than my heart in scope and grandeur. I would rather You treat me like the lowest of creatures!”


Jesus: “How this is no cost to Me! Come to this open tabernacle!”


(Marie-Julie Prepares and then Miraculously receives Holy Communion.)



Marie-Julie: “I adore the Holy Host, Living, Eternal, in this Divine Tabernacle where the Heaven of canticles has descended. Oh! I love! Oh! If I could fly there without delay on the wings of holy Love! I sigh after Him. O moments, how long you are! Your minutes are months, your seconds are days. O Sun, my brother, hasten your march! Make me arrive at the desired time! How slow you are in your course, O Sun, my brother, while I wait, floating in love!”


Jesus: “Come into the tabernacle, because I want to exchange your heart, put Mine in its place until the last breath of your mortal life!”


Marie-Julie: “O my dear Love, for that, I would have to live the life of angels, the life of cherubim and seraphim. But on earth, I am only imperfection, misery and flaws!”


Jesus: “You are a hidden creature (one) of the dearest gifts of My tenderness, which lives on earth the life of angels. Suffering has purified her, ordeal sanctifies her, the Cross every day rekindles fires there. In My works, she is the throne where I live in the shadow of outrages.” (NOTE: she is a 'shelter' from the outrages He receives in the world.)


Marie-Julie: “Oh! Thank you for preparing and inviting me!”


Jesus: “If I spoke thus, it is to spare you the suffering of the heart. A heart in which grace descends is always found humble. Come and contemplate!”


Marie-Julie: “Yes, I see the nuptial robe. The name of Jesus and that of His Mother are found on the breast of this unworthy creature that I am.”


Jesus: “Look at this bouquet! The stem of each flower is tinted with My Adorable Blood! It is complete, this bouquet! Now do you want to possess it?”


Marie-Julie: “O my Love! I want nothing, I wish for nothing, I expect nothing! ... May Your Holy Will be done! It is in It that I live; it is It that I want to die!”


Jesus: “Enter, My spouse!”


Marie-Julie: “I only want to focus my gaze where Yours is! I only want to see what You see! I only want to love what You love!”


Jesus: “I love this immolation, the last of the martyrs!”


Marie-Julie: “In this cell of love. My Jesus makes me see all that He requires of me. I only see Him through His eyes. I only hear Him through His ears. Crosses, sufferings! ...”


Jesus: “Do you want this Cross of love?”


Marie-Julie: “Yes, my Beloved!”


Jesus: “It is through this that I will descend into your cell, your cell of martyrdom of the most complete submission, of perfect obedience, model of humility and object of contempt.”


Marie-Julie: “Where is this ladder going?”


Jesus: “Into the cell of your soul, in the garden of your heart!”


Marie-Julie: “O my Jesus, open the doors that may still be closed!”


Jesus: “They are always open and prepared to receive the adorable victim.”


Marie-Julie: “What will I give you back for so much happiness?”


Jesus: “Your sacrifice is near. I do not want to ask you until after I've given Myself to you.


Marie-Julie: “My Beloved Jesus, as you wish! Oh! Come without delay! My martyrdom is extreme!”


Jesus: “Do you want to hear My grievances?”


Marie-Julie: “Give me the strength to hear them without failing. For myself, I am insensitive to suffering. The only occupation that takes my mind off it is to think of You, my only Love!


When I think about what He is suffering, I forget everything I possess except the love He gives me. That is what I am talking about. The thought of His love alone is my continual occupation. It is for Him that I live, that I speak, that I suffer, that I immolate myself, that I accept all the burdens, that I drink all the bitterness of humiliation. It is for Him that my heart beats, that it sighs, that it groans! It is for Him that my eyes cry! It is for Him that my soul cries out from the depths of its solitude: 'Lord, how sweet is my exile! My only nourishment is to think of You daily. Thanks to this, my exile does not seem long to me. What makes me lose the bitterness is to see You, to taste, on my lips, the Bread of angels, the Manna from Heaven.”


Jesus: “Tell me, My spouse, what are you most attached to, what do you hold most dear when you are on earth?”


Marie-Julie: “I have nothing but You, my Jesus! I don't see any other ties that attach and bind me down. I am attached to the sisters of my soul who pray for it and offer the Bread every day to support it in its solitary prison.”



Jesus: “Oh! Precious attachment that makes Me smile with tenderness and takes away the bitterness of the crimes of sinners!”


(OBSERVATION: While God wishes us to have nothing worldly attaching us and drawing us away from Him, we see here that does not include any charitable attachments we have for His sake – she loves and is 'attached' to those who pray for her soul and offer their Communions for her as she was currently deprived of the sacraments. Christ loves charity shown! Charity is eternal!)



Marie-Julie (crying): Oh! My dear Treasure! If I were allowed to drink without rest the bitterness of all crimes, how happy I would be to imbue my soul with iniquities, in Your place and for You!”



Jesus: “My victim, your desire is very close to being realized. When I have given Myself to you in Holy Communion, you will be very faithful to me!”


Marie-Julie: “Oh! What have I, oh my only Treasure, what have I before the love of all hearts to go and mourn them! I would like my soul to be a stoup fixed at the foot of the Cross to collect all the love that flow from the wounds of My God, and to drown in it all the suffering that rises to it! I would like a burning tear from my beloved Mother to write in the wounds of my God: 'O Love, Love to Jesus' That these words take away from Him the thought of my sins, offences and ingratitudes.”


Jesus: “Receive He Whom you yearn after without ever resting!”


Marie-Julie: “My beloved Jesus! I say with you: open up, my soul! Poor prisoner, open yourself, captive, under the eternal sun of your God! Oh! Fly to him, fly to the edge of the Divine Ciborium! Go nourish yourself at His inebriating table! Go and quench your thirst at its Eternal Source! Adore this noble Tabernacle where you have taken your repast so many times, where you will take It again! I love in the Host my dear Love which makes my heart beat with happiness. I adore the Manna of the angels, the Divine Nourishment of the poor traveller, his Eternal Bread, It is the Body of my Beloved, it is his Precious Blood present in the eyes of the elect, the Wheat of delights, the Nourishment of virgins, the glorious Bread, the spotless Host which enters the Christian and changes his miserable life into a life of grace. 'Come', my Beloved says to me! 'Come sit by the side of the One who loves you!' (Marie-Julie weeping the whole time): I dare not say it, but I have such an extreme desire to love the Lord that it is a painful martyrdom not to be able to love Him as much as one would like.”


Jesus: “Look at that nuptial ring! Soon you will receive it in all its beauty, never to leave it. It will become a sublime heritage for earth and for heaven. I come without making you wait any longer. I am the ferment which makes virgins germinate and shine. I am the Eternal Bread that guards virginity and watches over it. I come to give Myself to your soul. This Bread Eternal will keep it for eternal life and carry it to heaven, glorious and still all imbued with My Blood.”



Marie-Julie: “Oh! How did the earth not swallow me up? How has heaven not cast its thunderbolts on my heart? How could you, O Holy of Holies, still think of a miserable and vile creature, yet dead to the world, entirely separated? My Jesus, I have lived without pleasure, I will die without regret!”


Jesus: “Only one regret remains in the depths of your soul that you ignore....”


Marie-Julie: “No, I'm not ignoring it! This regret is that of no longer suffering, that of leaving my Cross an orphan, of leaving it on the arm of my faithful friends. But I will ask you to bury it with me. Until Judgment, we will talk about the streams of love that watered it, during our passion.”



Jesus: “My victim, prepare to make this sacrifice. The day is near for you.”


Marie-Julie: “My Jesus, what you want! I want nothing more than what you want yourself. But before leaving under this roof where I lived, I will write everywhere on the walls greatness of my sacrifice. I will leave a Cross there that will bear this regret.”


Jesus: “I myself will frame this Cross at your bedside in an image of love. It will be visible and imbued with sublime rays.”


(NOTE: a cross will be left as a sign of Marie-Julie's victim soul life there. Also, a prophecy that light will miraculously shine from it. No doubt this is one of the wooden crosses visible today in her cottage.)


Marie-Julie: “My Love, I will only be asleep. Death cannot destroy this immortal germ that lives in my soul!”


Jesus: “During this sleep, I will leave you your faithful friends as through a mirror... Prepare yourself! ... I am going to descend into your soul with the same delights as if I were descending with all the seraphim gathered together.”


Marie-Julie: “My beloved Jesus, have mercy on me, on my lack of humility! Forgive me all my trespasses. Oh! I would like to love as all heaven loves! You are the One we hope to see. I would like to love You as the Most Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Joseph love you! I would like to love You without measure. I love my Eternal Love, my Eternal Spouse, my Jesus!”



(Description of what happens next during the ecstasy by Abbé Barillé):


Marie-Julie is resting. She cries and pronounces a few more words that I didn't catch. She kisses the wounds of her crucifix. She makes a big sign of the cross. She recites the 'Confiteor' with the 'Miserature' and the 'Indulgentiam', then, striking her chest, she pronounces three times the 'Domine non sum dignus.'



We are all attentive, with an attention that I had never known. I'm fifty centimetres from Marie-Julie's face, which is lit by the light from the cell window, her two hands clasped on her chest. Suddenly she opens her mouth and sticks out her tongue. I bend down and I can see the back of her throat: there is nothing. She closes her mouth, opens it again, she shows her tongue again: there is nothing yet. Her lips come together again, then she sticks out her tongue for the third time: there's nothing there. Make no mistake, the proof is given one last time. But, O prodigy! Marie-Julie opens her mouth, modestly sticks out her tongue. A Host of a brightness whiter than snow is there, visible to our eyes. A cry of admiration springs from all our hearts. Marie-Julie closes her mouth twice in a row. She always shows us the Holy Host. Doubt and illusion are impossible. Finally, her lips part one last time. Her tongue appears: there is nothing left. The marvel is consumed!


It is impossible to depict for you, Monsieur le Curé, my emotion. (It is the curé of Blain he addresses). It is an ineffable gratification. I bless the Good God! What a prodigy of power and goodness! What a prodigy of love! Lord, how admirable You are in your benefits!


But it is now that Marie-Julie offers us the most delicious spectacle. Her face lights up with a soft splendour. Her hands are joined on her chest, the left holding the right which carries the crucifix. The crucifix is resting on her chin, and her face is turned towards Our Lord Jesus Christ Whom she sees. The eyes are weakly closed. A tear gently rolls down her cheeks. A smile then parted her lips. The delight increases. What happiness! It is paradise, and it lasts a quarter of an hour. At the end of this quarter of an hour, Marie-Julie speaks again.


Marie-Julie: “My only Treasure, I adore You and thank you! ... My failing soul can no longer hear my beloved Jesus nor support the incendiary measures of Your Divine Love. Oh! I have Him, I possess Him! He is mine, Divine Spouse! My soul is a pyre of fire. Why can't I die at this moment! However, I hope to die on the way to Calvary, and not on the stake at the Cross where I am every day, except Fridays. Yes, to expire of love on the road where I walk following my Love! Despite my death, I hope to stand prostrate. Death alone will not overthrow humanity. The strength of love will sustain me dying, eyes fixed on my Beloved that I never want to lose sight of. I have in me a heaven of happiness! I would like to be able to open my heart and let the blessed souls who are the cause of my abandonment (I.e. her persecutors) understand that the Beloved Jesus has not abandoned me. I would like to show them the happiness that consumes my soul. Seraphim, you who can depict heaven, let them see the portrait of my burning soul, the portrait of my consumed heart!”


The Seraphims: “We cannot. Pray rather to your dear Furnace Who has given you this happiness. This Furnace will depict your soul drowned in this intoxication.”


Marie-Julie to Our Lord: “Come, my Love! Paint this portrait Yourself to express my happiness and let it be seen to share it.”


Jesus: “My spouse, you are Mine forever, now and always. No more separation, but resemblance in sacrifices and reparation.”


Marie-Julie: “My Love, the palm that I cherish is deep and profound suffering!”



The Exchange of Hearts



Jesus: “My spouse, I return your heart and leave Mine to you.”


Marie-Julie: “My Beloved Jesus, I dare not tell You, do not give me the wound which is in Your Heart: I cannot praise it enough, nor (do I) envy the happiness of the souls who make it their cavern of love... . Give me Your Heart without the wound, lest I be unfaithful to it, lest I know not how to love it enough.”



Jesus: “My wound and My Heart are for you, My spouse. I take your heart which is immense.”


Marie-Julie: “It is so small!”


Jesus: “Your heart is as wide as a river, it is charity, compassionate love, generosity.”


Marie-Julie: “I don't know these virtues, I don't know anything, I cannot live!”


Jesus: “Even so in complete ignorance, smile with Me and forever give Me your mortal hand.”


Marie-Julie: “I will never dare, my dear Treasure!”


Jesus: "I am going to ask you to hold it in Mine."


Marie-Julie: “I would never dare!”


Jesus: “Promise it to me!”


Marie-Julie: “You will take it yourself, my Beloved Jesus!”


Jesus: “I want to adorn it today with a brighter beauty, now that I have begun to impress My Wounds in you. I want to fulfil My Divine promises. Offer me that pious prayer that you made on the day of your First Communion.”


(Continuing with Abbé Barillé's account):


At this time, Marie-Julie remembers the place she occupied in the church (the old one) of Blain; she was on the second step, near the holy table, (the altar) opposite the door of the tabernacle. It was there that she received her God. Returning to her pew, in the midst of her companions, she made her consecration to Jesus without understanding what she was saying.”


Marie-Julie: (recalling her consecration that day): “Today, day of my First Communion, joy of heaven passing over earth, I consecrate myself to Jesus, my Spouse, whom I possess and hold in my soul. I would never have believed that it was so sweet, for the first time, to taste so much love and happiness in the peace of the Holy Eucharist. My lovable Jesus, today you espouse my soul. I promise You, at the foot of the Blessed Sacrament at the tabernacle, to You who rest in my heart, to consecrate my youth, to consecrate my years to you, until death. I only want one Spouse. I choose Him, in the presence of the angels who adore Him, descending into my heart. It is under His gaze that I promise to be faithful to my Beloved Jesus.


I tell Him that I consecrated myself to Him from my First Communion until the second. I asked Him to inscribe my name at the foot of the holy tabernacle, because I wanted to adore Him night and day, with the angels, the cherubim and the seraphim. I told Him that if I could not see Him again as often as I would have liked, at least I would try, wherever I would be, to see the church steeple and to prostrate myself on the ground, as soon as I could. saw, to renew my consecration. I promised Him to live only for Him.


After my second Communion, I will receive It (once) every month. A voice seemed to say to me: “It's a long way off!” I saw myself in great joy. But, without my asking, heaven admitted me more often: every fortnight. I thus end my thanksgiving: “O my vermilion chalice where you could descend to rest while I tormented, wept or suffered! I would like that at all my moments, it was a communion of love!”


I then made a consecration to my Mother. (Our Lady.) Then I kissed the cross I was carrying, and cried out: He is mine! I will never leave Him.”


(NOTE / OBSERVATIONS: there is also a similar account of her First and 'Second' Communions with an earlier date – September 24, 1880. Either Our Lord asked her a couple of times to relive this special event, or, the “Friends of Marie-Julie Association” got the date wrong. However, since Our Lord may have indeed had her repeat the experience, I will leave the earlier account, which is post # 120 B - this post also contains an explanation of why Marie-Julie was prepared to receive Communion only once a month, and Heaven complaining it was 'too far a time' to wait, click here to read post#120 - B)


Jesus: “You gave me so much delight that I wept.”


Marie-Julie: “I saw You well, so I cried with You.”


Jesus: “Now come with me to the feast of love!”


Marie-Julie: “I prefer to rest in Heaven!”


Jesus: “My spouse, I still ask that you continue to share My sufferings.”


Marie-Julie: “My Jesus, whatever You want!”


Jesus: “The sufferings and the pains that I require, I want them continually.”


Marie-Julie: “My Beloved, whatever you want!”


Jesus: “Monday, it is of My tenderness, do not disobey it, to expiate the guilty offences that I am going to receive, I will reduce you in such a way that all your limbs will be shrunk by suffering. I will reduce you so small that you will have no free limbs (which was noted at the time when it happened). Your head will be sealed to your bones and you will be like the worm that I am reducing. In this pain, you will suffer very violent pains in all the joints of your limbs.”


Marie-Julie: “My Jesus, I am willing. Your will be done!”


Jesus: “There will be a burning fever that will make you suffer badly. Your tongue will be swollen, very large, from the start of the raw palate. With this, you will experience a visible and very fiery heat. My spouse, on all the points, there will remain a visible swelling which will mark how strong the pain will have been. Everything will seem to come out of the place of its first creation.” (i.e. apparently, her limbs and joints will be supernaturally moved from their natural position.)



Marie-Julie: “I want to!”


Jesus: “Tuesday, my spouse, Marie-Julie of the Crucifix.”


Marie-Julie: “I would rather...”


Jesus: “I say My victim!”


Marie-Julie: “I'm just a miserable Magdalene!”


Jesus: “My victim, I need reparation for several sacrilegious Communions, (committed) yesterday, in the holy temple, and not long ago.”


Marie-Julie: “O my adorable Master!”


Jesus: “I have been drowned in blasphemy! The blasphemy drowned the very particles of the Host!”


Marie-Julie: “And you did not say it any faster!”


(NOTE: Marie-Julie is upset He didn't mention this sooner – she is ever ready to make reparation for the outrages against Him.)


Jesus: “Tuesday: you will suffer deep agony. All your limbs and your whole body will be paralysed, cold as ice. You will suffer more without your soul, you will suffer the bitterness of blasphemies, in expiation of sacrilegious Communions. Above all, you will suffer that of a rejection.”


Marie-Julie: “I didn't know, My Jesus! I didn't know!”


Jesus: “On Wednesday you will suffer a cruel martyrdom in the centre of your soul, like a piercing spear, the blade of crime that tears your God.”


Marie-Julie: “I want to begin gladly, with all my heart!”


Jesus: “From the wound of your heart plunged in sadness, as from a mouth, there will come out streams of blood; the beating of your heart will be weak and at times it will cease (beating).”


Marie-Julie: “I gladly accept! I don't mind!”


Jesus: “Thursday will be the beginning of exile with a terrible vengeance that will hang over you. Your soul will be drowned in sadness. It will see before it all the crimes that must be committed until the end of the world.


Marie-Julie: “My Jesus, I don't know if I will be able to!”


Jesus: “Hell will be unleashed against you.”


Marie-Julie: “My Jesus, I accept! But if discouragement gets to me, come to my aid!”



Jesus: “That same day, you will see all the infernal torture being prepared against My temple and My apostles. You will see the shape of the souls whose life....”


Marie-Julie: “I gladly accept!”


Jesus: “Friday will be another suffering. You will know before the day comes.”


Marie-Julie: “Why not say it, my Jesus?”


Jesus: “So as not to frighten you because you would tell Me 'enough'! In the midst of these sacrifices, expect to live without a word of consolation.”


Marie-Julie: “My Beloved Jesus, I am ready to suffer so much! ... Separate myself from suffering, I would rather die!”


Jesus: “For you, not a consoling hand... in the midst of all these sorrows, I will give you the gift of tears which will end up throwing you into the most complete weakness.”


Marie-Julie: “I gladly accept, my Love!”


Jesus: “You will spend two days in the sleep of death, but (your) red face will be full of freshness, although during these two days tears of blood will flow from your eyes, from your mouth continually. At the end of these forty-eight hours, you will find nothing but emptiness and a deep desert, not abandoned from within, but abandoned. Grace will not be far away. Listen, My victim, you will bear many painful wounds, not counting those you already have, wounds of suffering and deep pain: a moment before leaving this world, you will be nothing more than a wound.”


Marie-Julie: “I accept with all my heart!”


Jesus: “What if you don't have the patience to bear it?”


Marie-Julie: “My Jesus, I will have patience!”



Jesus: “This is what you must accept in exchange.”


Marie-Julie: “You do not give me anything for nothing. I wish I could pay for everything, but my misery ....”


Jesus: “Misery is changed into grace in the midst of your interior sorrows, violent, deep and without consolation. Hell unleashed will have its revenge, but fear not, I am with you!”



Marie-Julie: “I accept it willingly and without fear!”


Jesus: “Is not your courage avenged? Is it not enough?”


(NOTE: Odd translation – apparently, He asks if her courage is enough payment, and if it is enough?)


Marie-Julie: “No, only the grace of loving You and seeing you, but for the fathers of faith.”


Jesus: “Now, My victim, take the road to Calvary.”


Marie-Julie: “When You want and what You want!”


Jesus: “I am comforted!”



(After that, Our Lord Jesus Christ left to ask her what seemed to be pleasing to her. The poor child expressed the desire to receive the Sacrament of Penance of which she was deprived. She cried thinking that she was not going to confession.)



Jesus: “Reassure yourself, My victim, it is I who fulfil this duty!”


(From the resumption of the Stations of the Cross, Marie-Julie speaks familiarly with her Divine Spouse.)


Marie-Julie: “O my Divine Spouse! If you want me to love You, wound my heart like yours. Love, put me in the fire, I am just a flaming coal.”


(Abbé Barillé continues with the following description:)


On the road to Calvary, the personal features of Marie-Julie take on an expression of pain and fatigue, so I am not surprised to hear her say:' 'Overwhelmed, I am overwhelmed!' She falls to the floor and prays in a low voice, then suddenly she raises her voice. She speaks for twenty minutes in terms of astonishing elevation. It leads us to heights that the soul, without a Divine Spirit, could never reach: a language as admirable as it is edifying. She finally gets up and resumes walking. She does a few turns... She recognizes the flowers which, in the morning, were placed on the altar of the Holy Sacrifice. Turned towards the back of her cell, lit by a small lamp, she makes her recommendations to her Divine Spouse. I hear them: it is delightful in tone, strength and charity.


Then she turns around and falls again, worse than the other (falls). From our unanimous lips comes a cry of terror. Her hands are no longer on the top of her chest, but on each side of her body, towards the ground that she no longer touches. She preaches again on the adorable Jesus and talks to us about the grace acquired by death and the delights of Heaven. Suddenly Our Lord Jesus Christ said to her, “Follow me to Calvary!”


Marie-Julie consents to this, but first she renews her recommendations. She especially prays for those who weave the crown of her merits (these are her persecutors). She ends by saying: 'Love, love, love to Jesus!' She reveals that, for the future, her name will be, on behalf of Jesus her Spouse: 'Marie-Julie of the Crucifix dead to the world and nailed to the Cross, by the same nails that nailed Jesus. Here are her last words: 'O Crux Ave!' After a short silence and some sighs. She appears to us standing on her feet, although staggering. It is easy to understand that she would soon fall.


Turned towards the back of the cell, she asks for her relic of the True Cross. She kissed It and said: 'O Crux Ave!' She claims the small flowers already mentioned and she falls backwards on her back, her arms raised. She intones her hymn, 'I see heaven open...', but she cannot continue; her heart heaves violently.



It is six o'clock in the evening. The lance to the heart is given to her, then comes the 'death'. I will not remind you of the circumstances, already known by my first letter, Monsieur le Curé, (i.e. Addressing the Curé of Bain).


Soon, Marie-Julie gets up, she kneels, her face turned towards the window. She raises her gaze to the sky. She sees her Divine Spouse going away.



She asks Him for a blessing that we all receive on our knees. She falls back into the arms of her mother who places her in her armchair. She returns to her normal state. Her heart beats fast and she feels a little cold. Everyone greets her before retiring.



The humility of Marie-Julie shines through the sufferings she asks of Jesus; she declares herself unworthy of the mission that Jesus presents to her. She is afraid and she fears not being able to assume them, while being ready to accept the Will of the Good God and to realize It at all costs. When she offers herself entirely to suffer, she conditions her requests to Divine Goodwill; she feels reluctance to accept a title: 'I'd rather not!', she says to Jesus.


The exchange of the heart which Jesus offers her leaves her reluctant. She loves it, as she has the zeal for it. (But) she scents out a trap of the devil in everything she senses official and honorary. However, Jesus said to her: 'My spouse, you are Mine forever, now and always. No more separation, but resemblance in sacrifice and reparation!' (I.e. Jesus reassures her.)


These words of Jesus clearly mark the mystical Incarnation of Jesus in her person. Jesus uses Marie-Julie of the Crucifix as an 'extra humanity.'


(NOTE: this is Abbé Barille's odd expression. Perhaps he means Christ uses her as an 'extension' of His humanity – she is a living 'host' for Christ as St. Paul prayed - she is one with Him and He is one with her.)


(Continuation of Abbé Barillé's words:)  By His choice, Marie Julie of the Crucifix has become what I will call the transparency of Christ. This was made possible for Jesus Christ only on and in the humility of Marie-Julie, as much as by reciprocal love and the desire for redemptive suffering.


We will continue to scrutinize these spiritual riches in the mediation of two complementary Ways of the Cross.


(End of Abbé Barillé's account).

 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Go to:

 

Next Post:  #150 Secular Persecution of the Church in France - Bishops will Meet in France but only Three Will Remain Faithful – Many Priests will Follow the Evil Laws of the Government -  RED REVOLUTION -   AN APOSTATE SCHISM of the CHURCH LEADERS OF FRANCE: THEY WILL BREAK FROM ROME -The Apostates / Schismatics will not Favour the King of God's Choice

 

Previous Post:  #149  A FOUR-HOUR DARKNESS  Over Brittany will ANNOUNCE THE MAJOR CHASTISEMENTS

 

TABLE OF CONTENTS: The Prophecies of Marie-Julie Jahenny